Instruments In The Redeemer's Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Start

Go down

The Start  Empty The Start

Post by Noah Holthaus Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 pm

The preface through the first three chapters are awesome. We have the ability to see change happen in others and God uses us all as  different tools in His toolbox.

The first chapter begins with the Gospel, the reason we want to wake up in the morning. This is the best news we can have if we repent and believe (page 3). The gospel is the ultimate message that we share with others and what radically causes changed hearts. When Tripp says "His kingdom is about the display of His glory and people who are holy" (page 5), it really reminded me of how sinful I can be when I like to focus on myself and I don't glorify God in all that I do. It has become a regular part of prayer for me that I would serve God and glorify Him in all things.

On page 21 Tripp moves on to something I am passionate about. God transforms people's lives through His Word! The Bible has power that when we open and read it, it can speak into our lives and lead to true repentance and a changed heart. Ultimately, we don't make a change in someone else. God and the Bible does that for us! It is something that brings me great comfort when I feel I have failed in witnessing to someone.

Another thing that Tripp touched on was that being biblical means that my counsel reflects the entire Bible (page 27). This immediately suggested that my world view needs to come from what the bible says and my subconscious thoughts should be from it as well.

One of the last things that struck me was in chapter 3 in the Saved but still Needy section. Specifically, the quote form Hebrews 3 where it says to encourage one another daily so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. This walk of faith is not meant to be done alone. We should be feeding one another and encouraging one another. Without that it is easier for sin patterns to be further engrained, discouragement, and just downright tiredness from not being in communion with other believers. I pray that I can be an encouraging brother in the faith to you all!

Obviously, these chapters covered much more than I included in my post. But, what grabbed my eyes and pulled on my heart the most was the importance of scripture and its ability to change us as well as this walk is not meant to be alone.

Noah Holthaus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum